Most interns don’t come to the table with much work experience or professional skills. What interviewer might ask if you don’t have past positions to use as a gauge? Emlpoyer wants to learn about your skills and abilities, assess your interest in company, and determine whether or not you’ll be a good fit with their team. Here are a few questions in each of those categories interviewer might start with.
Interviewer Wants to Know: Do You Have the Skills and Abilities?
- Tell me about your coursework. In what ways is it relevant to this position?
- Tell me about your volunteer or community service experience?
- What skills do you want to gain from this experience, and what skills can you offer us?
Interviewer Wants to Know: Are You Interested in Their Company?
- Why do you want to intern here?
- What do you know about our company? What Questions do you still have?
Interviewer Wants to Know: Will You Fit In?
- What are your expectations?
- What do you know about the industry?
- What are your goals after graduation?